Rain Stopped Play

So the last blog post I did was on 31st May...3 months ago and man that's long. But I had good reason for the long break - I had a Big Fat Indian Wedding going on, I was busy with several book orders and I was heavily in the IVF process, I had to go back to my folks for 2 weeks, I turned 40 and last but not least IVF was successful - I am pregnant!

So you see it was a tad too much to sit down and write a blog post with so much going on. I didn't even realise how much time had passed and when I did I had a weird feeling of failure engulfing me. Because I had made a promise to myself to write one at least once a month. I even have several drafts set up but alas I don't own any Time Infinity Stones and so unless I forwent sleep, this task was an impossible one.

Back then anyway, I am home, almost four months pregnant, loving being in my 40s and in a better place mentally. Granted there is a lot of baby planning stuff to do but for now, I am going to focus on myself and take things slow. I have lists drawn up sure, and those are needed to ensure I am not just laying around and getting things done. But I will be making sure that I come first and that includes regular blog posting.

I can handle once a month now, maybe more and it feels good to connect again this way. As I wait for a new book order and plan the month of September, looking forward to Winter going away and getting a lot done in a relaxed way, I am very reflective.

It has been very important to remind myself of MY journey and MY path to contentment, to gain insight from others yes but not to stray from how I need to do things. We often forget ourselves as we grow older and have started new chapters so it is important to step back and remind ourselves of what we want, where we are and why we are content.

I honestly feel very lucky to be able to follow my passion for writing even though the act of writing can be difficult. So I have written 16 books and counting, I keep learning about new subjects as well as how far I can push myself. 

I am busy learning about how far pregnancy pushes a human body as well and my goodness it is fascinating, but more on that later.

For now, I just wanted to say that I am back and there will be a ton of topics coming up in the weeks to follow. This post was also a reminder to not just me but to you as well that we need to stop and reflect often. That we need to reconnect with ourselves and that we need to be kind to ourselves often.

Life is a journey with a lot of paths and forks in the road, but that's what makes it all worthwhile.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's the Final Countdown!

With Great Power...